Saturday, June 02, 2012

Day 20: Spring cleaning in summer

Today I decided to stay at home.

I slept for an extra hour, read the paper for a bit longer, and zoned out a little more too. But why I really skipped work is because mom is coming back tomorrow.

I requested my help and her mother, when they came on Monday, to show up on time today; a whole four days in advance. She vigorously nodded in the affirmative and, of course I should have seen this coming, didn’t turn up since then. She walked in with me after I got my back from the gym this morning. We had our breakfasts and geared up for some serious cleaning.

One of them took the kitchen, one the hall and I got cleaning with the rooms. We literally beat the dust out of everything. And then it happened: at about mid-afternoon, the house mysteriously looked brighter.

I slept for a bit before leaving for my dinner plans. I made about five friends in college and three of them decided to meet tonight—a reunion of sorts. So we met at this new joint in Andheri to laugh and eat our hearts out. I dragged them half way across the area for some ice-cream and they couldn’t have been happier about it.  

I’m now full of mashed potato, fish and lots of Gelato. And now, sleep is calling. 

So what I’m really trying to say is: 

1) Cleanliness is next to godliness, and also bloody therapeutic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have eco-anxiety?

The seed was planted on a clear day; somewhere between my morning coffee and the first work call. My newsfeed said subways in Manhattan had...