Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 3: Umar badh rahi hai aur badan dard bhi

My body hurts. Yes, it still does. My fat cells are not happy. This morning was pretty standard except, guess who I bumped into on the way home from the gym? Yes! My help! She didn’t even let me greet her and rattled off into a spiel about why she hadn’t shown. By the end of it, she promised to turn up after I got home in the evening! Yay! I had something to look forward to tonight. (Read: slouch on the sofa and watch Sex and the City reruns from six years ago.)

Work is very busy nowadays. On any given day, we’re a pretty high-strung lot who like to eat fast. But we’re even more excited these days. The thing is my team is working on a super exciting project for a hot-shot client. So we’re constantly bouncing ideas off each other when we’re not complaining about other people’s ringtones.

I got off work a little late and decided to swim now that I had fallen into the lake. I went grocery shopping! I bought carrots, cucumbers, capsicums and some other green, leafy stuff that looked awesome. As I walked back home through a dingy shortcut, I heard an old man greet his friend and answer with the title of this post, when asked how he was. My sentiments exactly, Sir. My sentiments exactly.

Since I’ve been living off the chicken mom left behind so far, I decided to toss up a salad. After I’d chopped some of my favourite greens up, I poured a little olive oil on it and seasoned it with oregano. Sex and the City couldn’t wait!

You’re really optimistic and delusional if you think I curled up on the sofa and actually did what I had planned. Soon after I got a little comfortable, the clock spelled doom. There were only me and Carrie Bradshaw in the house and only one of us had dishes to worry about. We had a no-show today as well. So I trudged to the kitchen, cursing under my breath, and went about what now is my daily routine.

On the up side, office-friends have booked tickets for a play at Prithvi Theatre! Cannot.Wait!

So what I’m really trying to say is:

1)  Talk to someone, (No, people you spend the day with at work or school are not counted.) Skype, Whatsapp, Gmail; make an international call if you have to (Viber!), but do it! 
2) Buy vegetables, eat them.
3)Buy milk, drink it. 

3 comments:

  1. What 'is' your help's problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didnt reced a call.. it was intl...:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Priyanka,we'll just have to wait and watch!
    Niks, you're on Gmail na! :)

    ReplyDelete

Do you have eco-anxiety?

The seed was planted on a clear day; somewhere between my morning coffee and the first work call. My newsfeed said subways in Manhattan had...