Friday, May 25, 2012

Day 12: Surrealism on a stage

My favourite part of a play is before it begins. I love to watch the expressions of people who pour out of the previous show, while I sit in a corner sipping chai. If they exit boisterously laughing and hushing each other up in a fit of giggles, you can imagine what you’re in for. If they leave solemnly looking straight and lost deep in thought, your excitement will know no bounds. Plays make you think, much like books.

The one I watched today is based on the vagina. Yup, it was the one you’ve heard of. If you haven’t watched it yet, like I hadn’t until two hours ago, I hope for your sake that you get to. Good plays are a rollercoaster of emotions. This one made me laugh till I wheezed and had me crying like a cat. Besides, what other form of entertainment allows you to witness performers par excellence weave magic two feet away from your face?

Like books or sleep, plays transfer you to an alternate reality. They let your body sit cross-legged and still in a cold theatre, and transport your mind. They make you forget about washing clothes and scrubbing dishes.

So after a crazy day at work today, I am happy to report a fruitful evening out. Prithvi’s cutting chai and live music are quite an experience. So are the guys who perform on its stage and pour out of its doors.

Fluteman

 So what I’m really trying to say is: 

 1) Read a book or watch a movie/play. 
 2) Cultivate a hobby or few plants. 
 3) Don’t be a bore, nobody likes those guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have eco-anxiety?

The seed was planted on a clear day; somewhere between my morning coffee and the first work call. My newsfeed said subways in Manhattan had...