Saturday, May 26, 2012

Day 13: How to prolong a general state of well-being

Your two-step guide to prolonging a general state of well-being:

Step 1: Get a full-body massage
Step 2: Ask for aromatic oil

Since I’ve begun to work out again, I decided to treat myself to a full-body massage today. Massages are great energisers. After they put you off to sleep for a good half day, you wake up feeling as fresh as a daisy! All those little aches, pains and sore muscles vanish, at least for a month.

I booked an appointment for this afternoon, and was there before time. My masseuse’s name was Bilkiss. And man, was she the kiss of bliss. (Don’t tell me you didn’t see that coming!) She began with a head massage and seriously, I don’t remember much after that. The soft music and her kneading my dough of a body put me to deep sleep. Needless to say, my day went well.

Later this evening, after I’d washed my hair, I decided it was time to make some food. But sadly, my body and mind were in a synchronised state of fatigue. So I chewed on an apple, read a little, wrote this post and now I have to go attend to my bed. It’s calling me.

So what I’m really trying to say is:

1) Sleep while you can. Avoid last-minute hurry, sleep on time and wake up early. 
2) Pamper your body and mind. Be extra nice to them as often as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have eco-anxiety?

The seed was planted on a clear day; somewhere between my morning coffee and the first work call. My newsfeed said subways in Manhattan had...