Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 4: Roses are pink and violets are...none

She showed! The house was swept and swabbed! Happiest morning ever!

A pleasant morning equals a chirpy day. I reviewed a really cool coffee-table book for an in-flight magazine today, and everyone is office unanimously demanded cheesecake. We didn’t find any of that around so I helped myself to some Gems instead.

Today is the day I’d have to cook some real food. I can’t live on salad and defrosted chicken forever! I bought some mushrooms and rotis on the way home, and geared up for some awesome kitchen time!

After I’d chopped up the mushrooms and a few essential vegetables to go with it, I remembered mom saying something about sautéing them before cooking. Cool. I marched to the fridge and scouted for some garlic paste. Mom always has ginger and garlic pastes stored for convenience (it took me a while to tell the difference).

Then I scooped out a tablespoon of it. Mushrooms placed neatly in a pan on the stove, I smeared the paste as evenly and Nigella Lawson-ly as I could. Then I waited for them to give me a sign. They looked different after a bit, so I tossed everything else in. I threw in an egg for good measure too. After it looked cooked enough, I grabbed a spoon happily to taste it.

Read that little ‘about me’ section on the right. Yeah, go on. Read?

I can’t cook.

I don’t remember anybody telling me that garlic is a powerful weapon of mass destruction (except my mother, later in the night, on Skype). Everything, including the kitchen, was enveloped in it! I had to pour Jif over everything and then spray around some deo too.

Anyway, I separated scraps of food from here and there, and polished it off with the rotisI’m basically food-less for tomorrow afternoon and plan to fill up on jam-roti and everybody else’s tiffins. Well, the morning made up for the evening, I really have nothing to complain about.

Also, look what I woke up to today! My new favourite hobby is watering plants!

Heart*
So what I’m really trying to say is:

1) Comfort foods are best eaten out of the house, and kept away from the freezer.
2) If it doesn’t smell right, it can’t be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have eco-anxiety?

The seed was planted on a clear day; somewhere between my morning coffee and the first work call. My newsfeed said subways in Manhattan had...