Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Day 2: Mangoes and milk for breakfast

I rolled out of the bed and could barely feel my legs. Anybody who’s ever worked out knows what the second day at the gym is like. The morning was mostly usual, except that I decided to eat mangoes and drink milk for breakfast. (You know you’re getting old when you gulp down plain milk without a fuss because you’re worried about your knees). Dad had a friend of his in the food business deliver a couple of orgasmic Alphonsos home last week (of course, mom took a couple for them too.) 

A fine beginning to the day
So after I had a happy breakfast and the plants had theirs, I was off.

I had an exceptionally busy day at work but managed to make two dinner and one lunch plan for the coming week. Those gravies aren’t going to last forever. Oh, yeah. Did I mention? I can’t cook.

Ok, seriously, it’s nothing to do with being spoiled. I just never felt the need, you know? That department was well taken care of and I couldn’t be bothered, really. I make a mean breakfast but my idea of a self-made main course is Maggi.  

After yesterday’s battle with the frozen gravy, I’d learned my lesson and had placed the box in the fridge. I quickly scooped out a little and micro-waved it. But there was no time for frivolity today. Would the help show up or would I have a repeat telecast of the yesterday’s no show? I quickly dumped my clothes in the machine and switched it on. I had a good number of them that needed hand washing and my gut said I was going to have to do the honours. So I listened to it.

No sign of her today as well. I still haven’t mustered the energy to sweep and swab because I keep forgetting how to walk properly thanks to all those squats! I just got done with whatever cleaning and tidying I could manage, and decided to write this post. Now I’m off to wash my hair and hope not to fall asleep in the process!

So what I’m really trying to say is:
1) Be creative, have some fun. Routines are boring and depressing.
2) Moisturise your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have eco-anxiety?

The seed was planted on a clear day; somewhere between my morning coffee and the first work call. My newsfeed said subways in Manhattan had...